Saturday, March 7, 2009

I don't own emotion, I rent.

Have you seen the last performance of Rent on Broadway? They just recently released it on DVD.
I bought it last week.
It's pretty fantastic.

I love the movie, and the soundtrack...
but I didn't get to see it live while it was on Broadway (which is depressing)...
So it's nice they provided a way to show it to those of us who didn't get that opportunity.

If you haven't seen it, you should.
The cast is amazing!
Most everyone was at the very least as good as the originals.
Adam Kantor (Mark) & Will Chase (Roger) did excellent jobs with their roles.


Adam (above, left) channeled is inner Anthony Rapp...which I think is the only way to play Mark Cohen really. And Will (above, right) brought a completely new perspective to the character of Roger. It was very different from the original, but I absolutely loved it. In fact, I think I may even prefer his performance.

Anyways...this is all to say that you should see this. Even if you didn't like the movie. Even if you're not sure about the whole musical thing. It's an inspiring story, and the music isn't so bad either!

In other Rent news....I found out recently that Anthony Rapp & Adam Pascal will be reprising their roles of Mark & Roger as Rent travels to select cities around the country this year!


I can't imagine seeing these guys perform the roles they brought to life some years ago! It would be a once in a lifetime experience for me, to say the least.

The closest city that I've heard of so far is Tampa, FL.
BUT, it happens to be the week of my birthday (July 12). Fate, right?
So, does anyone want to score me some tickets?

I might love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment