Monday, January 19, 2009

I almost forgot.

It's January 19th.
78 years ago today, one of the most lovely women I've ever known was born.

(This is an old photo I found of my grandparents. Precious.)


My grandmother has truly blessed our entire family. She's kind-hearted, hilarious, understanding, and just absolutely wonderful.

(Yep, that's me! My mom and I basically lived with Mamaw when Dad was at seminary. )


Unfortuantely, she has Alzheimer's, and it is robbing her of the wonderful memories she helped create. There's nothing I can do to stop it, but I'm just going to try and remind her over and over what an inspiration she is to me and everyone that knows her. She's one gorgeous lady, and I would consider becoming half the woman she was an amazing achievement.

(This was last summer, in her room at Autumn Cove. I love this woman!)


So...Happy Birthday to my dearest Mamaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment