Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hopeful.



I hope everyone got a chance to see at least part of the inauguration ceremonies today.
I was lucky enough to be able to have it on all morning at work. Did you guys realize that in the time it takes for the actual ceremony and then the luncheon following...they have everything of the previous presidents' moved out of the white house, and the new presidents' things are moved in? Isn't that insane? How'd you like to be the person in charge of getting that organized.
Not me. NO thank you. I would like to plan events though.... but that's another topic for another day.

Anyways....it was a great feeling to watch history in the making. I think this election just meant so much more for me. I mean, I voted. It didn't necessarily count, because McCain won our state---but I voted none-the-less. It's amazing to see how far our country has come. I'm very proud. And I can't wait to see what changes Obama can bring. I have high hopes....

***If you are interested, they are still showing live coverage (from several different perspectives) of the inauguration festivities.
Just go here: http://www.cnn.com/video/fb/facebook.html?stream=stream3

No comments:

Post a Comment